Coming up in Autumn/Winter 2022…
December Festive Scents with Genevieve Rudd
Join artist Genevieve Rudd for a relaxed exploration of festive scents. Smell has the power to transport us through time, so we’ll be sharing memories and stories through scent.
You can also create and decorate your own festive scent bag to take home
- Thetford Meet Up, Redcastle Furze Community Centre, St Martin’s Way, Thetford, IP24 3PU – Wednesday 14th December, 2-4pm
- Attleborough Library, Church Street, Attleborough, NR17 2AH – Friday 16th December, 1-3pm
- Swaffham Library, The Pightle, Town Centre, Swaffham, PE37 7DF – Tuesday 20th December, 1-3pm
- Ashill Community Centre, 8 Hale Road, Thetford, IP25 7AX – Wednesday 21st December, 2-4pm
January – Special Screenings
‘Forever Young’ with Q&A with Guy Martin
Join us for an extraordinary archive film, featuring a range of local news and documentaries shot throughout our region, celebrating the diversity of British youth culture from the early 1970s through to the mid-1980s.
- Tuesday 24th January 1.30-3pm at The Carnegie, Cage Lane, Thetford, IP24 2DS
- Friday 27th January 1.30-3pm at Attleborough Town Council, Queens Square, Attleborough, NR17 2AF
About the performance:
An extraordinary range of local news and documentary clips from the Anglia Television collection at the East Anglian Film Archive, Forever Young celebrates the diversity of British youth cultures from the early 1970s through to the mid-1980s. Seen through the eyes of young people in our region, these films offer a unique history of the social movements that transformed British society and how they connected to the trailblazing music and (sometimes outlandish!) fashions of the times.
Tickets are ‘pay what you can’ but a suggested ticket is £5.
January Creative Writing with Ellena Woolf
Join poet and artist Ellena Woolf as you explore messages to your younger selves and speak them into existence in Ellena’s magical recording booth!
- Swaffham Community Centre, Campingland, Swaffham PE37 7RB – Tuesday 17th January 1-3pm
- Ashill Community Centre, 8 Hale Road, Thetford IP25 7AX – Wednesday 18th January 1-3pm
- Toftwood Village Hall, 47 Shipdham Rd, Dereham NR19 1JL – Thursday 19th January 1-3pm
- Bawdeswell Village Hall, Reepham Road, Bawdeswell, NR20 4RU – Wednesday 25th January 1-3pm
- Litcham Methodist Church, Front Street, Litcham, PE32 2QG – Thursday 26th January 1-3pm
- Watton Library, George Trollope Road, Watton, IP25 6AS – Monday 30th January 1-3pm
No booking required, just turn up!
Interested in coming along? Get in touch!
We would like to make these events as accessible as possible and inclusive for those living with a dementia and other long-term health conditions.
Please do get in touch by emailing email@example.com or call 01953 713390 if you have any questions or specific access needs.